It is expected that a candidate applying for a Master’s programme should be able to read, understand and use the information in the CEED 2016 Brochure to decide their own eligibility for the exam. Please contact our office in case of any difficulty.
Commonly asked questions by Applicants to the GATE-JAM-CEED Office
Payment Related :
Q: What is the mode of payments?
A: Application Fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 2200 for Men General/OBC category Applicants; Rs. 1100 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and all women candidates. The fees can be paid through Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card.
Photograph & Signature :
Q: Do I need to paste photograph and put signature on my application?
A: No. Since the application would be submitted online, you need to upload photograph and signature in JPG format as instructed in online application process. For more details, refer information brochure.
Documents Related :
Q: Do I need to post my application and attachments?
A: No. Do not send the printed copy of your application and enclosures. Candidates have to upload scanned copies of additional supporting documents in PDF format (degree certificates / marksheets / category certificates / PwD certificates, and experience certificate in the case of candidates with GD Arts qualification), if the candidate has more than one experience certificate, scan all of them and create a single pdf file and then upload.
Eligibility/Qualifications Related :
Q: What is the eligibility/qualification for CEED examination?
A: Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following, by July 2016:
1) Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 years programme after 10+2)
2) Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2)
3) B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
4) G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year post qualification, professional experience
5) Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3)
Note: Candidates with a three year Bachelor's Degree programme are not Eligible.
The candidate is responsible for showing eligibility while seeking admission to the specific programme in which they are interested.
General Questions about Exam :
1. What is the procedure for applying ONLINE ?
Please read the instructions given in CEED 2016 Information Brochure and follow the steps in the link.
2. When and how will I know the status of my application?
You have to login with the email id and password you used to register. Applicants are advised to visit CEED webpage often to check the status of their application.
3. When will I receive my admit card?
Admit Card can only be downloaded from the CEED Application website from 7th November, 2015. Sending Admit Cards by post has been discontinued. Bring a printout of the Admit Card at the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY the following photo identifications are permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, or Aadhar UID. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented.
4. How many times a candidates can appear for CEED Examination?
There is no age limit, and a candidate can appear in CEED any number of times
5. After submission of application, am I permitted to change my Examination City?
Requests for change of Examination City may be permitted if a request with a valid reason for the same is received in the office of the Chairperson, CEED 2016, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 on or before 26th October, 2015 along with a Demand Draft of ` 500/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay”, on any Nationalized Bank, payable at Mumbai. The decision of the Chairperson, CEED, in this regard will be final.
6. Am I allowed to leave the Examination Hall during the Test?
Candidates will not be allowed to leave the Examination Hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the hall only after the exam is completed and Answer Booklet from all the candidates in the examination hall have been collected and accounted for.
7. Will there be any
arrangement at the
No such arrangements
will be possible at the
8. Is there any time limit for Part A (Computer based test) or can I start the examination with Part B and go for Part A later?
Candidate can start Part B only at 11:00 hrs. .
9. What are the permissible/non-permissible items at the Test centre?
Non-Pemissible items: .
· Calculators, Electronic diary, Mobile Phone, and any such electronic gadgets, blank papers, clip boards and log-tables are NOT ALLOWED in the examination venue.
Pemissible items: .
· A candidate has to bring his/her own pencils of different grades (e.g. H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B etc.), sketch pens, poster colors, and other drawing materials for the examination. No drawing sheets have to be brought.
10. Is there any reference book for preparation for CEED examination?
No specific text book or guide book is recommended for preparation. Candidates may however polish up their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Candidate may go through the previous yearquestion papers for reference.
11. I forgot my registration number/ application number which is needed for viewing application status, printing Admit card. What should I do?
· Check the hard copy print out. This contains the application number. Your application number also has been sent to you in the email at the time of registration.
· You can also Login to the CEED Application website with your email id and password. All the application details will be available there.
· If you forget the password, click on the “Forgot password” link.
· If you forget the email address, first try to enter other email addresses you may have.
· As a last resort, you can send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in with the following information: (A) Your full name (B) Date of birth (c) Registered mobile number.
12. I would like to change some of the entries that I made in the online admissions website. Is this possible?
If you wish to change
any information (e.g. date of birth, name/surname, phone number, Category) after successful submission of your application form,
please send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in and a written request to Chairperson, CEED 2016,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400 076 before 20th September
2015, along with necessary documents, and mentioning your application number. However email Id and
Developed and Maintained by GATE-JAM-CEED Office, IIT Bombay
Last updated: Aug. 19th, 2015