After an applicant submits an online application the application goes through the following states
- Online Application Submitted The application was received by the website. A copy of the application form (in PDF) must be downloaded and mailed by Speed/Registered Post to the Zonal GATE office for that applicant.
- Application Received and Under Scrutiny The posted hard copy has been received by the Zonal GATE office. In case an application has been sent but not received for more than 10 days, please check the Speed Post website for the tracking the consignment.
- Application Accepted The application has been scrutinised and found to be eligible to take the GATE 2013 examination. The candidate has to await till 5 Dec 2012 when the Admit Card will be available for download.
- Rectification Required The application is incomplete or defective. Read the instructions given and take actions accordingly. The response must reach the Zonal office within 10 days of receipt of the mail from GATE office or November 5 which ever is earlier. If it states “No Action Required”, it means the applicant has to wait till GATE office resolves it. It can take upto end of November to do this. Please do not call Zonal offices to reconfirm this. If no response is received by the last day, the application will automatically be rejected.
- Provisionally Accepted The application has been provisionally accepted, subject to additional documents to be submitted. Admit card for GATE 2013 will be issued, but the candidate must bring a copy of the document mentioned or a Demand Draft for Rs 600, in favour of “Chairman GATE 2013″ to the examination center; otherwise the Score Card will not be issued.
- Rejected The applicant is not eligible to take GATE 2013. No Admit card will be issued.